>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Monday, May 02, 2005

Well, we *knew* it was coming...

We've only been waiting for it for a few years now and I've been truly shocked that it didn't make it here sooner. Still at least half a year until the beta starts, but finally 2006 will see the beginning of the highly questionable ride into the Star Trek MMORPG. Considering the direction of the franchise I'm concerned about this game boldly going were every crap writer has gone before and continuing to nail the coffin lid down tighter on poor Gene. I guess we'll see. Setting is tentatively right after STTNG: Nemesis and thus far seven player races are slated at launch: Humans, Vulcans, Klingons, Bajorans, Trill, Andorians and Bolians. At least I have Andorians and Vulcans to play and maybe even Bolians. I abhor humans in any game for the most part and Klingons used to be one of my favorite races until the onset of Braga and the Next generation that utterly ruined them by making them all Kiss Army rejects with gnarled maws and crimped hair. Warriors shithead, not savages in dresses. Come on guys, can't we do a game set in the original series movie era? I want to wear a Maroon Monster and be on an Excelsior class with Sulu! Oh yeah and Klingons rocked then! We'll see, we'll see. We'll all be there with beta bells on.

No comments: