>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Sunday, May 29, 2005

Revenge of the Corporate Mogul or My Parents Went To Kashyyyk And All I Got was This Lousy Movie

So we bent over backwards to make sure that even though we were trapped in Orlando on May 19th we would not break tradition and we'd see Star Wars III on its opening day.

We should have saved our money.

You have to understand, this isn't to be taken lightly. I'm a huge Star wars fan. It's one of if not the fondest childhood memory I possess. It truly shaped my creative life and I still adore it to this day. That being said, I've waited for this movie in particular for a long time. Sure most people didn't like Phantom Menace or Attack of the Clones. I did. They aren't the original's by a longshot, but i still enjoyed them. And besides, Darth Maul is in PM! I mean Darth Maul! I digress...that is a whole other sultry sexual fantasy.

So we go to see it at PLeasure 24 on Pleasure Island in Orlando braving the masses and the drunken vacationers so see this monumental tale of the final step from Jedi to Sith Annakin makes. Wheeeeee!

I was absolutely disgusted the entire way through.

The story was weak. Lucas insists you make all sorts of leaps of faith rather than actually SEE a progression from turmoil to dark side. Padmé and Annakin were as much paper cut-outs as really adding anything to the screen. Palpatine was an utter disappointment. What happened!? Is Lucas senile or did he step out, for oh say 2 years, while someone else made this movie? I bet it was Berman and Braga, they ruin everything.

There wer so many things wrong with this movie that I simply can't muster the will to put it all here. At random I'll insert Things I Hated About Episode III along the way. We walked away sad. And now it's over.

No comments: