>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Friday, June 03, 2005

Music at the moment: The Pussycat Dolls - "Don't Cha"

Today is sort of blech. It's icky, sticky and hot outside and there are too many bugs. I can't wait to be up north where it's either not so oppressive or at least only oppressive in smaller intervals.

Kittums seems to feel a little better since we clipped him. For not being a long hair cat he's quite the shaggy hippy. I want to keep him shaved, but it's such a chore. Julio isn't even an option. He needs a cut, but the minute you turn on the clippers he freaks and goes on a killing spree. Cats suck. Dogs suck. Birds are the devil. I miss my Boa.

I watched a few movies this week so here's my contribution to the world of opinion.

Undertow

I really enjoyed this movie. It was an odd look at country people with a thriller side story. Since Billy Elliot I really liked Jamie Bell. In this movie he's really gorwn up. Which sort of makes me feel dirty because he's so hot now. Sort of that "I remember him when he was little" thing. The movie's "making of" special was really well done. Josh Lucas headed it (Who I have a newfound love for. He's rrrrrrrrrrow). And I always love Dermot Mulroney. Patrice Johnson also moved me in her small, but potent performance. It's actors like her that make me pine for the craft.

Phred Phun Phactor: 6 out of 10

******

Meet The Fockers

This was cute, but really didn't have the spirit of the first one. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy it and it was entertaining for the time spent so I guess it did its job. Barbara had me laughing believe it or not in some of her moments. Her "Plotz" line got me good.

Phred Phun Phactor: 5 out of 10

******

Everyone

My gay cinema infusion for the week. Feh. There were no characters in this movie I liked. They're all pretty despicable. Ryan's a prick and then we're supposed to feel sorry for him when Grant does the cute transient in the bathroom as their wedding ceremony starts? No. Grant should have walked out earlier that day when Ryan was being such a shvantz! And Grant! What a piece of work. Don't do the cute transient when you're supposed to be downstairs getting married! Lord! Have you no couth???And then there are all the extraneous dysfunctional family members that you just look at and shrug. Who cares? I'm supposed to care. I don't care. Burn the house down while they're all in it. If I wanted to watch a family with stupid problems I'd just organize a reunion of my own.

Phred Phun Phactor: 1 out of 10

*******

Music at the moment: Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc"

I rented another Takashi Miike called MPD Psycho. I believe it's a series or somesuch. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint. If it does, I'll need to go back and watch Audition again. Truly a new horror classic for me.

I need a chai. This no car thing is getting to me a hell of a lot more than I expected. I loathe the idea of another bill, especially one around 300 a month, but I think we're going to have to go looking for another car when John gets home. Ick.

I also want to dance. It's odd to get the urge after so long. By dance I mean perform, not just shake butt around the house. I know I could pick up the phone and be booked with Snowy in two shakes, but I just don't know. I'm not 18 anymore. That was 5 long years ago.

...
...
...

Music at the moment: Shakira feat. Alejandro Sanz - La Tortura [Shaketon Remix]

Okay okay..I tried. that was 17 long years ago. And while I still jam around the house here and there I don't know if i still have the stamina for routines. I guess i won't know until I try. Maybe when I drop another 20 pounds and I'm back to where I was when I used to dance I'll make that call. Then I can chant "Don't call it a comeback because I never went away!...oh wait, yes I did. Okay, call it a comeback."

Okay off to pay bills. *nose wrinkle*

No comments: