>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Monday, February 25, 2008

An Unexpected Surprise

So, I was floored today when I checked my grades for our mid-term project in Sequential Art and Visual Narrative. My teacher is picky and by picky I mean a perfectionist. I adore this guy truth be known. He was my 3D Modeling teacher and he pushed me hard in that class, but in a good way. A way that really helped me. Well this class hasn't been any change. He still nickels and dimes me to death with particulars an makes me work for my grade. I was dreading how much he was going to dock me on my mid-term storyboard project when, at logging in, I found he had given me a perfect score. That wasn't the exciting part though. Here's what he said:

Phred: Here's how the Week 5 Assignment was graded: Two parts to the assignment, 65 points each. First of all, Dang... These are just super, Phred. Just from a cursory look at them, they meet the required elements, but...

Storyboards: First of all, I look at whether the shot list and the storyboards are consistent. Yours are. Second, I looked at the sketches to evaluate whether they convey the action of the shot. Perfect... No problems. Third, I look at whether your boards include an additional area per illustration for a bit of descriptive detail on what is going on in the shot. You do this, and the needed information is there and neatly typed. GREAT. Fourth, I consider the design of the boards-- are they neatly drawn, sequentially numbered, and well labeled? In a word, AWESOME. They are so well drawn. This is exactly what you need in a storyboard, and I will be using yours (If you don't mind) as examples for this assignment in the course shell. NICE WORK!

Your boards are the best in the class. Your art is detailed and rich. Great work as always, Phred. You continue to set the bar in whatever class I have you in. -Mr. C


So, wow. I was blown away that they're going to use my stoyboards as the project example for the future classes in the program. I really never expected that.

4 comments:

Pete said...

Like I've told you so many times, I'm completely envious of your talents in this.

Awesome kudos from the instructor!!

You GO!

SDCrawford said...

I want to see. Post pics!

Bryan said...

Your artisty and vision have earned you another fan. It's only a matter of time before the rest of the world witnesses your awesomeness. I hope the positive recognition revitalizes you.

Go ahead, heeny. You is fabilis!

PHRED said...

I'll post them as soon as I have time Miss Sarah. I might even put up the animatic I'm doing for my final project.