>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Waiting, Weaning and Cleaning

Music at the moment - Angelina "I Don't Need Your Love" (Pop Spanglish Edit)

The adjuster finally left a message with me the other night. Thus begins the game of tag. I left voicemail for him and am nigh-patiently waiting for him to call back so we can make an appointment. We shall see.

The day here is overcast and I think sort of cool, though I haven't been outside yet. Currently I'm sitting down for a sandwich. I hate making food in the kitchen now. Inevitably when I enter the kitchen my eyes are drawn to my tree to begin an interlude of mind-cleansing zoning. Alas, the tree is history and as soon as I realize that I return to my business a bit more sullen than before. That sucks. I need to find something else to look at out our windows and appreciate. Unfortunately all that surrounds us are houses, ugly trees that are not the one I liked so much and evil people that I'd much rather look at through crosshairs. Maybe I'll install a plasma screen TV on one of the trees outside so when I look at the window in the kitchen I have something to watch. With my luck it would only pick up that "fair and balanced" Fox News channel. Yeah, farily full of shit and a daily balance of nutritious hatred.

Music switch - Army of Lovers "Crucified" (Technostalgia Mix)

The upper tier of the house has been scrutinized for cleaning over this week and suprisingly, it's almost done already! Myshe's room is 300% better than it was, though she still needs to have a massive yard sale or just express her good will to good will. I dusted everything in our room last night, folded clothes, rearranged both closets and organized them with little shoes all in a row. Boxes unpacked, boxes repacked and stored away. I still have 5 boxes of cassettes I need to transfer to MP3 format before they disintegrate.

The stuff you find when deep cleaning! I found so many little sentimental things, postcards, letters, trinkets. I smiled at each thing for a moment upon finding it. THEN it was in the trash. Boom. I'm so ready to do the Edina Monsoon minimalist thing.

Music switch - Five "When The Lights Go Out" (Album Version)

Today I continued with the cleaning and broke out the new Dyson DC14 Animal! dun dun DUN! We'd needed a new vacuum cleaner so I went browsing. I'd read up on the Dyson among some other models when we started talking about a new one and then Myshe and I saw it while out one day. The DC7 I believe, it was an ugly yellow and gray. Ew. The one we have now is black and yellow and frankly I'm sick of vacuuming with a bumblebee. I wasn't prepared to invest in another yellow monstrosity. Then a light erupted to our left and what I can only assume to be a chorus of angels began to sing. Looking over there it was. The New Improved Dyson DC14 model made specifically for animal hair and allergy sufferers. My eyes widened as I read the specs on it and a tear fell from my cheek as I looked over its beautiful PURPLE frame. Hehehehe purple. SOLD!

Music switch - For Real "Like I do" (Album version)

Unpacked and assembled the thing is a juggernaut. I can't decide whether to vacuum with it, insert batteries and give it to Myshe to play with or to slot it with a lot of accuracy and damage enhancements. But dammit, it's purple! And wow...it works really nice! Animal hair step aside. Kitty and Julio, you are thwarted! I like my new one-hosed, non-bagged, sucking, purple, kitty cleaner. You can sing that if you're alone while reading this you know.

Music switch - Max-A-Million "Take Your Time (Do It Right)" (S.O.S. Band Cover)

Once everything up here is clean I'm going to finish a project that's been on hold since I moved the desk upstairs. I started it again last night as I cleaned. Phred, Muscial Multitasker Supreme. I'm taking the multitude of CD singles or full CDs with a couple songs on them and ripping them all to the other computer. Once I'm done I'll make a stack of MP3 CDs with all the singles on them and then pack away the boxes of singles I ripped. It's CD population control. As I move closer to 2000 CDs our shelf room is becoming dangerously non-existent. You can probably tell from the music in this blog. I'm currently in a lot of my 90's dance. Good stuff!

Music switch - Gillette "Short Dick Man"

Okay sandwich done and imaginary cigarette smoked. (Damn I miss smoking) Back to the grind and the hopes that the pet girl will show up at the door with Chai in hand for a job well done. Ciao!

Ending music - Merrill Bainbridge "Mouth" (THE version)

No comments: