>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Thursday, May 06, 2004

Today was a nice day.

I got up and felt generally icky as I'd slept for too long. I went to bed at 11:30ish last night knowing full well I'd be up at 6 am for hitting the hay before midnight. It's my curse. But no, I woke up out of a dead sleep at 10:30 and though "Holy hell!" My body must have needed it.

Cleaned up and headed out to do the mother's day card roundup and mass mailing. The sun was bright, the air was clean, the humidity was thankfully absent and there was a slight breeze blowing. It was a perfect Florida day. (Though I still prefer overcast dark clouds, torrential rain and wind, but hey, that's me.)

I picked out my cards and meandered through the store just looking. After a bit I headed a few doors down to our UPS store where Stacey (The ultra cool store owner) was in and began to chat as she processed my mail. She updated me on some problems they’d had with a former employee and caught me up on how David and Bart were doing. After a bit she introduced me to their new employee Nichol. Nichol and I got to talking and somehow it came up that she was Greek and Stacey made jokes about how she’s related to or knows everyone that comes into the store. I asked if she knew an old school friend of mine named Anna Maria and low and behold, she goes to church with her! Then she asked if I knew a Casey Gill. I was floored! Casey and I used to pal around in the late 80’s early 90’s at the club and in general. Last I’d heard he’d gone into the military. Well sure enough it was the same Casey and he’s Nichol’s cousin. They talk regularly and she’s going to put us back in touch. He lives in San Diego now and comes back to visit every so often. (Beginning to look like California really is where I need to be.)

Stacey, Nichol and I talked for about 2 hours and then I finally loaded up and came back home. Not much happened in my time out, but it was all good and I laughed a lot. I guess that’s the important thing.

My tree is green and bushy again. They haven’t cut it down and I’m happy. I wish John was home.

No comments: