>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Music at the moment: Janet Jackson "Sexhibition" (Didn't she perform this one at the superbowl?)

Wow..I came on once I got home to post today's not so great happenings and was taken aback by the new Blogger cinfiguration. *blinkity blink* Having to relearn my way around.

Went out this evening with our friend Jennifer to have some food, coffee and a necessary meshing of mindsets. Turns out today that she receives a collection notice from AOL saying she owes them $75. Shocked and bwildered she began her phone tag with the various parties (AOL, Collection Agency, etc.) Turns out that Adam, our "friend" having "successfully" gone through rehab and served his 1 year of house arrest for cocaine and crystal meth abuse, used her credit card number to secure his own AOL account. The account was cut-off for non-payment last november and Jennifer is just finding out about it. Wow. And here we thought he was doing so well. So, I checked the Clerk of the Court page this evening and lo and behold, his case is reopened. There before my eyes was text I'd expected/dreaded/wanted to see for a while.

4/14/2004 ALERT ISSUED
Violation of Probation Warrant Issued issued on: 04/14/2004
For: WELCH, ADAM ABRAHAM
Bond Amt:
Bond Type: PRE-TRIAL RELEASE BOND

This is his second VoP so from my understanding it's straight to prison this time. I hope it does him good. I doubt it will, but one can always hope. Our friendship had never reclaimed what it was before on our reconciliation and if nothing else it was good closure. I wish him the best and if the best is staying in prison so he's off drugs then I wish him a long sentence.

Song switch: Christina Milian "Dip It Low"

This event and the overall malaise that comes with it doesn't help this rut of depression I've been in for a while now. Nor does it help that dear friends of mine are going through the same thing. John, my heart, is getting depressed after 6 weeks on the boat. He's ready to come home. I think Bryan is in a slump from travelling so much lately. he's ready to stay home for a while. Jane is depressed over , well she isn't sure, but that was just like me so I totally understand. Heather's crapped out over school and this shitty class she's in. My mom's depressed over the court case she and Dad are going through with Bank One. I'm sure they will come out in the end owning their house outright as well as comfy from the punitive settlement. For now though, she's stressed and bleh. Maybe it's life in general and the state of the world that helps season everyone's routines here lately. I, for one, could use a trip off this rock to some super planet with neat things to see, plenty of entertainment, flying people and spaceships. Little green men are fine too. I like green okay and I'm partial to short men. They just have to be good looking little green men and none of that probing on the first date.

For what it's worth, all my love goes out to those people in a similar rut. Things will get better eventually. Have a glass of wine and a super dickmann on me.

No comments: