>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Tuesday, January 20, 2004

National Phredpoon's: San Francisco Vacation

Today is a musicless day. The hubby is feeling icky so I'm keeping it quiet.
Wow.

I have truly never had such a great time in my life! Our trip to see Jane and Sarah was out of this world! So much in fact that a mere 24 hours into it John was whispering threats of "not going home" to me all through Fisherman's Wharf. I have to say, I was entertaining the very same thoughts myself. A mix of wonderful things to do, great weather (at least to me) and two incredibly compatible new friends made it very hard to even think of packing up and coming home.

On Wednesday the 14th we arrived and were greeted by Miss Jane in the Oakland Airport Baggage Claim with her cute "Pashyd, Catavaluni" sign. Once collected we headed off to the homestead and stopped for "Flipper" burgers on the way. Mmmmmmmmmmm! The rest of the night was spent meeting The Sarah, tasting white wines for selection, eating an incredible pork dinner prepared by Chef Jane and relaxing for the next day's events.

Thursday we hit the road bright and early where Miss Sarah dropped us adventurers off for our Alcatraz trip. The weather was crisp and cold and felt SO good! We walked about and fed overweight seagulls bits of pretzel before embarking on our boat trip.


Gordo!

The Boat ride was cool and we took many a shot of the island from a distance before making our way onto its shores.

I don't know these people and they weren't with us. I think they were foreign. Most on the boat were.

The island was too cool with its winding walkways and excellent views. We had a really good time and enjoyed the history offered about the facility. First stop a winner!

After that we spent a good portion of the day walking Fisherman's Wharf eating truffles, China Town searching for "Hello Kitty" Chopsticks and various other trinkets and eventually made our way down to meet Sarah at the Grace Cathedral.


From there we headed to Haight-Ashbury to have dinner. The drive was colorful and yielded many a good picture.


The restaurant we went to was called Cha Cha Cha and was carribean in flavor. The food was outstanding! My favorite part of the meal was the Platanos dish in black bean sauce with drizzled sour cream. Either it was the best thing on the menu or the two pitchers of Sangria were. Needless to say, we enjoyed the hell out of it.

After this, to sober a bit before drinving home, we stopped down the street at Amoeba Music. A second hand store of CDs, Vinyl and various other things it reminded me of my long stints in Atlanta's Litte Five points and my favorite music stroe there Wax-n-Fax, only much larger. I found my Frogs CD and Sarah left with an armful of music ranging from Poi Dog Pondering to the new Nelly Furtado. After that we headed back to the house and chilled before hitting the sack.

Wedesday and Thursday down. We still have Friday, Saturday and Sunday left to go!

Join us again next Blog for the continuation of our little Florida couple's adventures in the west!

No comments: