>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Monday, January 05, 2004

Lord of The Blogger: Return of The John

Starting a new feature on the blogger as of this post. One that I will not candy-coat for anyone whether it makes me look bad or not. This is the "What I'm listening to" line. This will allow the reader to enjoy the full interactive experience of my post by listening to the same music I am whilst posting! How new-fangled! Fun huh? We start this post with: Britney Spears - "Toxic". Listen...I said I wasn't going to candy-coat it by pretending to listen to ALL good music. I hate the bitch yes, but this song is infectious. Dare I say it's...Toxic? It's the beat and I'm a born dancer. Whatta ya do?

Okay...so November 21st was my last Blog. Sue me. I am admittedly not as prolific in my thoughts as dear Jane, but I try. I suppose if you're lucky enough to have Jane's phone number you could always call her and pump her for my latest antics. She gets them all in IM or on the phone. I know, I know...you think her lucky. I think she'd disagree given her exposure to the rantings of a Phred.

1.) So update yes? Got over the abscess. Thank every deity conceived.

Song switch: Basement Jaxx - "Get Me Off"

2.) Our thanksgiving, which took place on the 30th, was very nice. We held off for The John to come home and then coordinated with everyone. Attending were Myself and The John, Myshe, Bryan, Josh, Melonie (surprisingly), Robby, our pet hetero couple Jennifer & George and last but not least our out-of-towner friend Heather who drove down to be with us from Tennessee. Unfortunately Adam was unable to attend for all the work he had. C'est la vie. The food was splendid and the event lasted most of the night finally ending around 5am.

Song switch: Garbage - "Cherry Lips"

3.) With the December ensued the realization of "shit I waited too long this year". Thus the onslaught of baking, candy making, card writing and shopping. And so we're on the same page, the "Gays like shopping" stereotype is a load of bunk. I like to go out , get what I need and come home. There are times, though few and far between, where Phred will actually go to shop simply because he wants to hang in a mall. I rarely leave the house without purpose.

Eventually all things done, the packages and cards were sent out and with nearly 2 weeks to spare until Christmas! I felt accomplished on the "removed distant Christmas" front. The holiday at home crap had yet to begin. Only one casualty along the way with the mailed gifts. My sister and brother-in-law did not receive theirs thanks most likely to some asshole UPS driver. (He delivered to my mother and brother on the same day and was TERRIBLY rude). Someone else got to eat chocolate boobs. I hope they choke on the nipples.

Song switch: Christina Aguilera - "Falsas Esperanzas"

4.) Shopping was finally completed the day after Christmas proper for all the at home gift-giving. Again we've put a hold on the holidays to coincide with The John's return on January 8th. We'll be doing "Friend Crimmus" on the 10th to be followed by Family get-together on the 11th. I look forward to both with the addition of my sudden new grandfather Lee! You see, now that it's passed I am allowed to talk about my grandmother's elopement. I was privy to the information before it happened but sworn to secrecy. December 16th was the day in question. Good guy lee. I think my grandmother will be quite happy.

Song switch: Jennifer Lopez - "Baby I Love You" (I hate her too, but this is a really good song)

5.) Plans made and tickets purchased, The John and I will be flying out from New Orleans on the 14th of January to play with the Californian Boo Daggas who we've come to adore. We'll be at Jane & Sarah's through the 19th and will most likely return home exhausted and ready for another vacation. John will leave the night of the 21st to head back to the ship. Thankfully the rig they serviced has been pulled in and a new one is going up in the gulf nearer to Louisiana instead of Texas. This means The John's boat will be docked at Fourchon again taking 7-9 hours off each crew change's travel times. Praise the lord!

Song switch: Justin Guarini - "Sorry" (He may look like Kid's In The Hall's "Chicken Girl" but he's got a great voice)

6.) Between Christmas and the New year I received a wonderfully unexpected phone call. I picked up the phone and a voice on the other end said "Phred?". I answered with my usual "yes?" and was met with "It's Claire. Guess what?". I was so happy to hear from her that I just laughed. She continued with an excited "I'm in town!". Needless to say we got together over at her mom's house and had a blast. Claire is my a dear friend from High School that acted with me for years. My "Drama Sister" she and I were voted most talented in '88. Well she's pursued the art in New York since and is finally making the grade. She was featured in an oscar winning short called "By courier" and has a substantial part in the last 20 minutes of "Elf". In 2004 she'll appear in "House of D" directed by Duchovny. I got to meet her husband Brian who is a successful director in his own right. Hopefully we'll be going to visit them sometime this year and they might be able to make to our wedding.

Song switch: Macy Gray - "Caligula"

7.) Mother just IMmed me and informed me...she informed me that new Absolutely Fabulous started on the Oxygen channel! How did this escape my notice? I'm usually the one up on this. Kudos to my Mom! Maybe she's learning. The new Ab-Fab season will be 8 episodes long and appears on Oxygen Friday nights at 9 central. Cheers, yeah, cheers sweety.

Song switch: Kara's Flowers - "Rag Doll" (This group is what is now known as Maroon 5 and finally breaking through with "Harder to Breathe".)

So I think this brings us up-to-date on the goings on. As I sit here and type the sky darkens. It's been drizzling all day and my mood seems connected to it. Blech. I need to motivate again and finish organizing our room and doing my preliminary packing for the trip. I should also look up ticket prices for Albuquerque or Lubbock for The John's trip home in February.

Song switch: Kate Bush - "Why Should I Love You?" (Penned by Prince with background vocals no less. I love that man.)

He'll be going up to do a very late Christmas with his folks. I'm also finding out that this is the trip apparently. He says we talked about it but knowing my mind during the holidays it's like a sieve. I'm nervous for him about telling his mother that we're a couple. She already knows he's gay. They had that particular talk years ago before we were together but I think it was dismissed and swept under the rug. I just hope it goes well as he has no support there. I wish I could go.

Song switch: Linkin Park - "Faint" (Yes I listen to "hard" stuff too.)

Okay. I guess that's it for now. I really should get up and get going. Myshe will be home soon and I'm feeling a trip to Bluh-Bluh-Bluh (My name for Bed Bath & Beyond since I have this apparent inability to say those three words together in that order intelligibly).

I leave you all with the final song switch: Aimee Mann - "One" (One of the best covers ever. This is off the Magnolia soundtrack. Good movie too!)

No comments: