>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Monday, February 13, 2006

New Age: And not the spiritual crystal incense type.

Music at the Moment: Kyle Riabko - Paranoid

So.

A reformat, a long birthday weekend, a much too short visit from the hubby and siding work. On top of this, I think I've been sporting a sinus infection the entire time. Thanks.

So the computer's running again, but the graphic card problem persists. I hate it.

In the interim I seemed to have failed in my attempt to back everything up before the reformat. I lost all my e-mail addresses and the entirety of my unbelievably long bookmark list. So now I'm attempting to get in touch with this person and that to regain contact. Joy.

My birthday week/end was great. Overwhleming, but great. Doing my best to stay above water as shitty as I felt with my lingering sinus trauma I enjoyed the company of many old and new friends whose faces I'd never seen in person. As a surprise, Pete, Linwood (the only remaining tie to old EQ) and new EQ2mate Mat all arrived here along with Josh and Heather for a lot of fun. It was nice to finally have faces to go with the text. I had to assure Pete that we'd break tradition after meeting in person by actually remaining friends. I truly couldn't have asked for a better 25th birthday.

Really.


Anyhoo, despite everything, the holidays this year were really nice. It felt like Christmas and a birthday instead of some series of habitual motions. I appreciated that.

Unfortunately, not everything was on the up side. I found out recently that Sarah and Jane's wonderful black adonis passed on. Otis was a great boy. I'm not a dog person, but I really enjoyed playing with him when we were visiting Sarah and Jane. He liked carrots and dried cow penis, or was it horse? I don't know, but he was happy and lived in a house full of love. My heart goes out to Sarah, Jane and Otis' panty-eating pal Timmy. You'll always be cool in my book Otis.

No comments: