>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Sunday, December 07, 2008

Phun with Names or "Holy Crappellation!"

I live for inventive names. Collecting them is a hobby dating back to middle school and the discovery of Magdelena Babblejack and Swanera Crudup.


So, over the years of Myshe and Bryan working for call centers and having to deal with the high turnover of employees, we get many a giggle over the names we encounter.


A couple of days after Thanksgiving, I and some friends that came down from Ohio all converged on my mother's house to spend time with her after the cancer diagnosis.


Billie, a nurse, told us about one of the best I've yet to encounter.


Doing paperwork, her co-worker called a patient to confirm appointments. Listed on her file, her name was "Le-a." The nurse called and asked if she could speak to "lee-uh." when the patient got on the phone she was upset at the mispronunciation of her name. She couldn't understand why no one could say it right. She explained to the nurse:


"The dash don't be silent!" Her name is pronounced "Le-Dash-uh"


After peeing myself, I began to think about all these gems and how I should share. So I'll be asking Myshe and Bryan to bring me new ones and I'll post them when I have them. Fast, safe, cheap family fun!



<><><><<< New Names >>><><><>

Le-a (le-DASH-uh)

Anchanter (awn-SHAWN-tay)

Shithead (shuh-theed)
No, I'm not kidding. This was on a friend's paperwork who works for social services.

Ocupina (aw-kyoo-PEE-nuh)

Sanitosha (san-uh-TOE-shuh)

Linquenette (leen-KWIN-et)

Tekeshashley (we don't know the pronunciation for this one. Have fun.)

Letreasure (that's right. Le Treasure. I guess it's french...for ignunt)

<><><><><><><<<>>><><><><><><>

What a great start. If anyone finds any, submit them in the comments and I'll see about adding them!

No comments: