>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Wednesday, April 19, 2006

School Daze

Music at the Moment: Owusu And Hannibal - Delirium (Morgan Geist Tongues Remix)

So this mid-term thing is a pain in my ass. 9 weeks of info crammed into 5 and teachers that demand a little too much. Joy.

Before a few minutes ago I had a 100 in Success Strategies. Then I got hit with the "You weren't elaborate enough" bomb on my last assignment and dropped to a 95. When a question asks for a certainty or black and white fact, why do I have to pretend to be a in a fakakta creative writing class? Is it really necessary for me to answer "What is your favorite color?" with something like "The color that i love is purple. Purple is my most beloved color. It is not red, nor is it blue. It is not green or brown or even yellow. While lavendar is nice and mauve is interesting, they are not the purple I love. To adore a purple it must be the right mixture of red and blue or i cannot adore it. Not too much red, nor too much blue. Neither too little red nor too little blue will do either. Pink is right out. It must be purple and and purely so." I mean really! If that's what you want from me, you stay here and hold this holy hand grenade while I go search for the meaning of life. Jesus.

Computer Applications is a 99.3 right now thanks to two incorrect answers on last week's quiz. One was an accident of clicking the wrong box rather than the one I was going for and not noticing it soon enough. The other was a bona fide wrong one on my part so I'm not disappointed.

Song switch: Wumpscut - Our Fatal Longing (Thank you Josh for re-igniting my love for Ratzinger!)

I'm actually enjoying the threaded discussions more than I'd expected as they give me a chance to stretch my writing wings. John says my last post sounded like a textbook (He assures me in a positive way) and one of my teachers said one of my many talents must be writing. Yay! Let's just hope that he feels the same after my last post which, after posting, looked immense. There were some larege posts on the thread already, but when mine went up it dwarfed them all. I don't want to look like an overachiever or some teacher kiss-ass. I just tend to take a topic and go when I write. I hope it's okay and not to my detriment.

Now for some entertainment...

The people in my classes are, thus far, very nice. But oh....my...god...

I don't get some of them. Let me share with you a few from the threaded forums.

Our Computer Applications class discussion for this week is very ease-in simple. We simply need to answer the following questions:

1. How do you protect yourself from e-mail-based computer viruses? What programs do you run? What other practices do you follow?

2. How many SPAM messages do you receive each day? How can you reduce SPAM?

3. How do you organize the messages you receive?

4. How do you access your e-mail messages when you are traveling?

5. Do you use multiple e-mail accounts? If so, how do you manage them?

So you just pretty much post the answers to each initially and then as the week progresses, we post twice again with responses and ideas about other's posts. Simple right?

One Ms. Elly Quent responded to the 5 point discussion question with:

"YOU WOULD SHUT DOWN .THREE DAY."

That's it. Her bellowed initial and only post made. If anyone translates this bit of profound logic, please let me know.

There are a LOT more where that one came from, but we'll move over to Success Strategies for another treat!

in SS we were given a scenario where two students are both talking about dropping out of school because of issues with completing assignments. Tracy is a single mother with upteen billion children and works a 659 hour week as well as taking classes. Ricardo is a whiney slacker. Our job was to assess their issues and discuss how to resolve their particular problems. We were also to discuss a time where we had our own problems with time-management and invite others to offer solutions. To round it up we were asked to talk about the pros and cons of a classic classroom situation compared to online learning. Again, simple right? Yeah...right.

Let me point out that the syllabus asks that our posts in the threaded discussions are complete sentences, well thought out with good grammar. Really...I needed to point that out to you.

WARNING: Please be sitting down and remove all sharp instruments from your proximity before continuing.

Marjorie McWutthaphuk posted her splendid answers yesterday:

Tracy who has responsible of 3 kids and house hold. She has to manage her time wisely. She got to remember what a steak. Tracy needs to slow down to 1/2 or 3/4 time because she will give her more time for her study. Or she should look in a degree that meets once week for 2 1/2 years. A example is business at our locate college.

Ricardo is struggling at time management. He needs direction on how to manage his time. On example would be to write out big ca lender for his semester with everything on it. Now he can add social life on it too. The next step is he needs to block out couple hours at time for write his papers.

My example is current issue that us department manager deal with daily. About two weeks age, Lowe's across the board wipe out all overtime for salary employee. At the same of this our new store manager more on our shoulders. Weekly we have cycle counts, daily we IRP, code 3, code 99, code 50 and to fill in the gap in our department. By the way we are short hand to. Now Jim has place checkbook project on our shoulder. This is exactly fun. How do you fill in the blanks of time management issues? Please remember there is only 40 hours to work. I all already cover 1/2 it in coverage.

I find online course time management easier, this is because I'm not driving back and forth. I save about two hours daily great study time. I can study when the kids do their studying also. I take to heart the ca lender idea. I write everything out. I can see how to plan. My kids fill in the blank where there are blank.


*blink*

*blinkityblink*

Okay, so after peeling my nails out of my eyeballs I stopped and gave her the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps english was a second language. Or in this case, forty-second. So I investigated her introduction post. Nope. Whitey McWhitebread lives in Whitebreadville in Whitebreadton Falls with little whitebreads running around her whitebread feet. Now read it again knowing that and try not to abuse someone nearby with a blunt instrument.

My personal favorites and the ones that caused me bodily harm? "What a steak" and "ca lender"...twice.

Can things get any more interesting in thread land? We'll see I guess.

1 comment:

Pete said...

I... don't even know what to say about those comments.

To use your words...

*blink*

*blinkityblink*