>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Friday, April 09, 2004

Following suit, I have done as Rob suggested.

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 23.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.

Well there are two books an equal distance from me on my desk. Short of flipping a coin I couldn't decide so I took the sentence from each.

1) "That is why the contortions and moans of the victim are necessary to the torturer's happiness, which explains why Verneuil made his wife wear a kind of headgear that amplified her screams."

Simone de Beauvoir - Marquis De Sade ( I was actually *just* referencing this a moment ago hence its proximity)

2) "Le petit prince, qui assistait à l'installation d'un bouton énorme, sentait bien qu'il en sortirait une apparition miraculeuse, mais la fleur n'en finissait pas de se préparer à être belle, à l'abri de sa chambre verte."

Le Petit Prince - Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

No comments: