>>>>> Remember: I speak my mind here. If you don't want to see it, don't read it. Consider yourself warned. <<<<<


Saturday, February 28, 2004

Who needs Excedrin? Let New Improved PHRED get rid of your migraine!

Music - listening to a various playlist consisting of the new Janet jackson song "Love You For A Little While" (No Jane, it's not called "Lookitmytit"), "La Belle et Le Bad" by MC Solaar (French Hip-hop..tres cool), and "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" by The Darkness (I think the lead singer is definitely the next Freddie Mercury)

Okay, so this is a place to record my life to some degree eh? I suppose it could just be a place to vent assorted crap as well just to get it ut of my skull, meaningless or not. So, I suppose this is blogworthy.

It's never a fun thing when you split with a friend. However, it can be a healthy thing. I think this was on both sides. Melonie, who I've not mentioned in Blog before since she's pretty much fallen from our lives over the last few years, called me yesterday on my cell phone. I was in no mood to deal with her having recently been forgotten by her on my birthday, but I called her back nonetheless. Call me a masochist. Maybe I psychically knew this was the conversation that would end it all and maybe, just maybe, I welcomed it.

There were the obligatory "I'm sooo sorry"s that one gets in between each of her excuses or streams of verbal tripping while fabricating new lies (um...er..uhhhh..um...uhhhh..err.ummm). I simply sat there and listened and made no noises nor words of my own. As the conversation progressed I could see that she was looking for a confrontation. Maybe she wanted it over too. Thank God. So, one remark lead to another and before long we were both raising our voices. Things like It's always her fault and never ours. Why is it never us? We don't think anything could possibly be our fault. Hmm...let me see, She's a slob. She's a hypochondriac. She's a liar. She's a thief. She's a freeloader. She's always making excuses and those excuses are usually "I have a migraine". She's had 238 Jobs in the last 2 years because she stays at one for, at best, a week and gets fired or leaves them because "She had a migraine" or some fictional boss called her and her fictional co-workers "Lazy Bitches". So they all fictitiously walked out. (But never pursued a lawsuit. Hmm.) During all this we've reached out to her. We've had more "Interventions" than we can count and all cried with her saying "What's wrong?" and "We want to help you become the old Mel again". Each to no avail of course. Then there's the plethora of excuses as to why she acts this way "I'm depressed", "I'm Manic", "I was abusing my Mom's prescription medication...but I'm over it now and okay.", and on and on. Yeah...we're the ones that have the problem. Not Melonie, Goddess of Purity and Light.

Nutshell, she's gone. It's sad. The old Melonie we knew years ago was a great person. This new, dumpy, self-loathing, wallowing, lazy, wannabe-disability collector Melonie, well...she sucks dirty mule ass. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Next?

No comments: